|Major Responsibilities and Duties: |
1. Assist in developing and establishing school goals and objectives and in the planning of the schools instructional program
2. Assist in implementing student orientation and registration activities
3. Assist by providing direction to staff in implementing goals and objectives and interacts and meets with staff to assist in their development
4. Assist by defining and disseminating information about school disciplinary policies and procedures to parents, students, staff and community
5. Assist in the evaluation of the school program and staff and assist in initiating needed improvements
6. Communicates and carries out established policies, delegates and accepts responsibility for completion of tasks and communicates program goals, objectives and policies to staff and to the community
7. Assists in completion of records and reports and in the supervision and inventory of supplies, textbooks, equipment and materials
8. Assist principal with interviewing, selecting and orienting new staff as well as management of the campus in the absence of the principal
9. Promotes and maintains open communications, positive student attitudes, respects dignity and worth of staff and students and complies with established lines of authority
10. Performs all other duties as assigned
Share supervisory responsibility for professional staff with school principal. Supervise teachers, student advisors, maintenance, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Work with frequent interruptions. Occasional district-wide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; ability to access entire campus multiple times daily. Requires long hours of standing and walking. Work week may also include weekends.